Subject: LC 475 (technical)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Campbell <campbel@istar.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1997 23:12:56
My particular LC 475 has a 68040RC, and 8 MB RAM, a 16 MB root partition
(sd0a), 25 MB swap partition (sd0b), and it has a 270 MB /usr (sd3g). I am
booting it with GENERICSBC-24. I boot the 475 with a serial console, and i
can see the console output as it boots. One line that it get reads -- mrg:
kernel has no ROM vectors for this machine. Now, i've checked fairly recent
machdep.c files in kernel sources, and it certainly does have the vectors
for ROM Toolbox calls on this machine, and I have verified those vectors
myself. Why would it say this? Every other command I can run on this
machine works.  I have tried compiling stuff.  The only things that don't
work are the ADB system and the video.
Could someone give me the status of video for the LC III, and status of
machines with the Cuda ADB chip, such as Q840AV, LC 630, and others?  I'm
just wondering about the peculiarities of the LC 475/Q605/LC 575 lines of
machines. Even just as a serial console only machine, this machine makes a
great UN*X machine, and I'd like to make it better.

Thanks for your thoughts or input,
Steven Campbell

"Don't teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time, and it irritates the pig."
Fortune Magazine, Feb. 1997.