Subject: Re: Color X on IIsi?
To: None <keen@graphics.cis.upenn.edu, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1997 22:10:48
>Sorry if this is another stupid question like my one about ftp.macbsd.com, but
>is there color support for the internal video of a IIsi yet?  If not, how long
>will it be?  The applications that I plan to be running will be running
>remotely from an SGI Onyx, so I really don't care about the speed, it'll be
>dreadful anyway, but I really need the color.  I read that the colorkit doesn't
>support it.  Any idea when it would be available?
>Thanx in advance

I'm the "intern video guy" at the moment and I've finally got some time so I'm
going to finish debugging my IIvx kernel. The IIsi is quite similar and I
should have access to a IIsi.

So maybe in a few days or a few weeks. I can't promise anything though :)

BTW, I hope you don't plan to run OpenGL stuff from that Onyx. You can't.
If you want to do something like that you'll have to look into compiling the
MESA libraries which is a free Open-GL work-a-like. I think if you compile it
as shared libs and do some twiddling you *might* be able to run OpenGL apps.

Good luck and thanks for your patience.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill