Subject: Re: `ae' driver change
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@melog.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/1997 09:25:51
At 17:10 28.02.97 +0900, you wrote:
>On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 07:59:09 +0100,
>Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE> wrote:
>> At 3:25 Uhr +0100 28.02.1997, Masami and Ken Nakata wrote:
>> >Shouldn't you have done "make clean" before "make"?
>>
>> If 'make depend' were broken, yes. But 'make depend' should be able to
>> re-check the dependencies and update the Makefile accordingly, no? As
>
>Unfortunately, the answer is "no".  I have had to do "make clean" to
>get a bootable kernel myself.  At least a couple of times.
>
>> 'AE_OLD_GET_ENADDR' is only used in if_ae_nubus.c (or so Scott said ;),
>> wiping out the object should suffice.
>
>Well, assuming your previously built kernel (w/o AE_OLD_GET_ENADDR)
>was okay, yes, it should suffice.  But...

The kernel built without AE_OLD_GET_ENADDR was the first one in its line,
i.e. I rm -r *'d the compile/WEIDE directory before. So, yes, in the sense
of a 'clean' build, the kernel was okay. It just didn't get past the enet
card memory check. =8(

Btw: A kernel configured with fp emulator (I have just gotten a cheap Duo
280) did not build because of warnings about uninitialised variables. You
are the fpe man, aren't you?  ;)

        hauke

--
Hauke Fath                              Melog Software GmbH
                                        D-69115 Heidelberg