Subject: Re: NetBSD on Mac II
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1997 20:36:41
>> Oops - unfortunately I don't think that I will get a better one for free.
>> Maybe I should try to get an accelarator card, they won't be expensive
>> now? Otherwise I will have to make some space on the HD of my Performa
>> 630, but then I'm reading that the LC040 is not a very good friend of
>> NetBSD.
>
>True, but the 040 support should be coming soon. Probably in a month
>or two time line (though since I'm not fixing it, I can't really
>say).

Erk! Watch out! Trap!

You can *NOT* use a 630 series model's internal disk drive, because it is
IDE. You will need to buy an external SCSI drive.

I have such a SCSI drive on hand; I'm just waiting for the LC040 fix...
you'll be waiting a long time for 630 support if you don't have an external
HD, though. Supposedly someone's working on IDE but I haven't heard much
about it.

This also applies to LC 580 and PowerBook 150/190 users. (note however that
the PB 150 is a 68030, not a 68LC040, so it'll work right now if you have
the external HD)

Don't start tossing stuff off your hard drive yet =)

- Rolf Braun ... rbraun@geocities.com ... TidalWave on IRC
- Sassy Software: cool stuff for Macintosh & Apple II
- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3110/
- Help for Mac UNIX questions ... #MacUNIX on EFnet IRC