Subject: Re: pop
To: xiamin <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1997 16:41:12
Don't set your mailbox to:	{cris.com}/path
Instead, set it to:		{cris.com/pop3}/INBOX

INBOX needs to be in caps AFAIK.  And you need to specify the /pop3 part
inside the braces, otherwise pine will default to imap4.

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, xiamin wrote:

> how do i implement this magic? i looked at the pine config files..and
> tried to set the place with the mailbox to {cris.com}/path but cris
> wouldnt let me in...i dont know were to set the password...
>
> -xiamin
> Technomagus artium occultarum detestibiliumque Nargumm Industries
> http://www.cris.com/~ingerrn
> http://www.netvirtual.com/iris/simon/art.html
>
> On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:
>
> > Well, you could always use pine.  It knows how to use POP3 or IMAP4 to
> > read a remote mailbox.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |