Subject: Re: `ae' driver change
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1997 20:51:24
At 7:17 Uhr +0100 25.02.1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:

>I'd be interested to hear of any success or failure reports.
>
>If it's any consolation, you can compile a kernel with
>`options AE_OLD_GET_ENADDR' to get back the old behavior.  You need only
>to recompile if_ae_nubus.o in your kernel compile directory for this
>change to take effect.

Following up to my own mail:
Adding the above option to the config file and doing a 'make depend &&
make' remade a lot of files, but not 'if_ae_nubus.o'. I deleted it by hand
and repeated 'make', but without any postive result.

Again, it said

[...]
ae0 at nubus0ae0: failed to clear shared memory - check configuration
ae0: failed to clear shared memory - check configuration
ae0: failed to clear shared memory - check configuration
ae0: failed to clear shared memory - check configuration
ae0: failed to clear shared memory - check configuration

[ad nauseam]

	hauke