Subject: Re: lkm.conf for video-
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1997 10:42:36
>On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Brad Salai wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to grok the correct entry for lkm.conf to get the video
>> module to load.
>
>I would second Paul's opinion
>
>> # path		options		entry		postinstall	output
>> video_lkm_combined.o  -         video_lkm_cmd   -       /tmp/video
>
>but put output into /var/run/video. I changed the command on my
>machine around the time we had vm problems, I do not have strong
>opinion on this.
>
>BTW, that LKM will not compile with -current sources. You need to
>#include <mac68k/include/bus.h> before nubus.h and change
>NUBUS_SLOT_TO_PADDR to NUBUS_SLOT2PA in video_lkm_module.c
>(Why the name was changed in nubus.h????)
>
>	Taras.

But the lkm will run with -current sources as of just a few days ago! It is
tres cool to be able to run color with a -current kernel.

If you can, I'd suggest modifying lkm.conf in the source tree to make it
clearer how to install things. The present one isn't very helpful, at least
to the clueless. Maybe slight changes to the lkm.conf man page would be the
place for this. An example might do it.

I notices that there are some other modules in /usr/lkm/  Are these known
to work? Are they of any value?

Brad

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                          Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                          email bsalai@servtech.com
Rochester, NY 14614