Subject: Re: lkm.conf for video-
To: None <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1997 09:39:39
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Brad Salai wrote:

> I'm trying to grok the correct entry for lkm.conf to get the video
> module to load.

I would second Paul's opinion

> # path		options		entry		postinstall	output
> video_lkm_combined.o  -         video_lkm_cmd   -       /tmp/video

but put output into /var/run/video. I changed the command on my
machine around the time we had vm problems, I do not have strong
opinion on this.

BTW, that LKM will not compile with -current sources. You need to
#include <mac68k/include/bus.h> before nubus.h and change
NUBUS_SLOT_TO_PADDR to NUBUS_SLOT2PA in video_lkm_module.c
(Why the name was changed in nubus.h????)

	Taras.