Subject: Re: Ethernet Card
To: Christian Taylor <ctaylor@fox.nstn.ca>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1997 09:41:33
>Hi everyone... I recently got a hold of a IIcx that I'm planning to install
>NetBSD on.  I'm wondering if the ethernet card is supported.  I'm not sure
>the exact type, but on the card it says "Asante Lite" so maybe that's it,
>but I can't seem to find any info about a "Lite" card made by Asante.  It
>has a 15 pin connector on it (I assume that's AUI) and a BNC connector
>(10BaseT?).  If anyone could tell me if it's supported, I'd really
>appreciate it.  Thanks.

Look on the card, if this is one largest chip or maybe a couple largeish
chip read their markings, what you are looking for is a national 8390, I
think that the 83902 also works.  If you have any question about your
specific board, send me a discription of and the part numbers off the
largest chips, and I will have a look in my data books to see if that chip
is 8390 compatable or is an 8390 superset.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu
My home page