Subject: Re: pop
To: xiamin <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/27/1997 11:59:14
Hi,

You want popclient.  It is a POP clinet (whereas Qpopper is a POP server).
I use popclient to pop my mail from my provider to my netbsd box.  It even
has options for leaving mail on the server, etc.

You can get it at, you guessed it, the Amiga binary archive:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/popclient-2.21-bin10.tar.gz

At 14K, it is an excellent download.

Mark

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, xiamin wrote:

> i got qpopper, only to see that it was not what i wanted. i want something
> that will pop my mail from cris.com to my mail directory on my netbsd
> system. can anyone recommend something?
>
> -xiamin
> Technomagus artium occultarum detestibiliumque Nargumm Industries
> http://www.cris.com/~ingerrn
> http://www.netvirtual.com/iris/simon/art.html

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/