Subject: Re: pop
To: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: Macintosh Guru <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 23:54:31
On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:08:29 -0800 (PST)
> From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
> To: xiamin <Ingerrn@cris.com>
> Cc: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: pop
>
> Well, you could always use pine.  It knows how to use POP3 or IMAP4 to
> read a remote mailbox.
>
> On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, xiamin wrote:
>
> > i got qpopper, only to see that it was not what i wanted. i want something
> > that will pop my mail from cris.com to my mail directory on my netbsd
> > system. can anyone recommend something?

Paul (and or anyone),

Could you explain the setup for making pine use pop.  The version that I
have only *seems* to understand IMAP, and my server unfortunately does not
allow IMAP conenctions for mail.  (Yoda voice) Help me you can Hmmmmm?
<snicker>...Sorry...on a Star Wars Binge.....

-Greg Evans (macintosh-guru@televar.com)