Subject: booting on a Q650
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Duggan <anduggan@netgate.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 23:01:09
I am new to this and I am trying to learn. I'm using a Quadra 650 and
have tried a couple of the Generic kernels. In the booter I cannot get
in to locate my A/UX partition on my external hard drive. I get one of
those Partition -1 errors. I am not completely sure what the booter is
looking for in the partition name box. I type in the partition name
whick is "Root file system" and have had no luck. I think all of the
other settings are okay. So I tried booting from the booter folder
(using the MacOS setting) and it goes okay for a while and then it says
the system is not proven to run and I pick continue anyway. Then I get
the goodbye message and the computer frezzes.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew