Subject: Re: SE/30 swap problems
To: None <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
From: Jason Wright <peewee@overmind.scc.mi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 23:42:02
In previous mail, Masami and Ken Nakata spewed forth:

> The kernel in the official 1.2 release can use only the swap partition
> on the same drive where the root (/) partition resides.  In this case,
> you have the root partition on sd0 and the swap on sd1.  That's why.

Ok, that explains it...Thanks everyone for the response.  I guess I'll do some
futher obscene with my partitioning.

> Why don't you install everything in the external drive?

Mostly because I'd like to have a usable amount of free space after the
installation so I can compile and install some additional software.

Once again, thanks.  I'll let you know how it goes.

PeeWee

--
"oh, do be a dear and shut up, won't you???  you see, if you close your mouth,
*less words will come out*"  -Azrael Asmodeus http://www.scc.mi.org/index.html