Subject: Re: Please help me with PPP setup (already tried available files)
To: Steven Huwig <S_Huwig@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 20:10:10
Well, one thing you can do is turn on the debugging capabilities of chat.
There's a handy-dandy script to turn it on and off in my dial-on-demand
ppp kit on ftp.macbsd.org/private/pgoyette

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Steven Huwig wrote:

> Hi,
>    For the last week I've been trying to get my system to make a PPP
> connection. I spent some time tweaking files, but the script in
> ppp-setup.tgz acts like a maniac...it seems to pick up the phone but
> sometimes not dial, and ppp-down doesn't really kill pppd; it'll try again
> in a few seconds. Lately, though, I've been getting crap saying "Connect
> script failed; can't delete pid: is directory." I looked in /run/var and
> there was no pid file for ppp. I've tried deleting the files from
> ppp-setup.tgz, but to no avail. Before all this happened, I got a script to
> connect, but it quit when it found that "Remote machine not 8 bit clean" or
> some such. I'd really like to get this working soon, so any help would be
> appreciated (Yes, I've looked on the 'net, and yes, I did change the login
> scripts, and no, I'm not a Unix hotshot). Thanks!
>  -- Steve

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |