Subject: Re: HELP!!!
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 21:29:59
On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Jonathan Lyons wrote:

> I did what David said, but it didn't work.Thanks for helping though David :-).
>
> If you haven't heard my problem before here it is:
>
> > Ok, I got it to be a read/write file system, but now when booting into
> > multi-user it stops where it starts Network daemons...it gets to "starting
> > network daemons: routed printer"
> >
> > then it stops and doesn't go any farther
>
> Can someone PLEASE help me? Thanks to all who have helped me get this
> far(Bill Studenmud, David Gatwood, and all you others). Thanks!

Have you tried reinstalling base11?  Give that a shot.  If that doesn't
help, have you tried reinstalling etc11?  Better yet, just extract the
important files.  First, cpin etc11 with the installer, then boot
single-user, then cd into /.  Finally "tar -x /etc/rc -f etc11" if I'm
thinking about the syntax right.  I doubt that'd help, but it's worth a
shot.

Good luck,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |