Subject: Please help me with PPP setup (already tried available files)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Huwig <S_Huwig@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 22:06:04
Hi,
   For the last week I've been trying to get my system to make a PPP
connection. I spent some time tweaking files, but the script in
ppp-setup.tgz acts like a maniac...it seems to pick up the phone but
sometimes not dial, and ppp-down doesn't really kill pppd; it'll try again
in a few seconds. Lately, though, I've been getting crap saying "Connect
script failed; can't delete pid: is directory." I looked in /run/var and
there was no pid file for ppp. I've tried deleting the files from
ppp-setup.tgz, but to no avail. Before all this happened, I got a script to
connect, but it quit when it found that "Remote machine not 8 bit clean" or
some such. I'd really like to get this working soon, so any help would be
appreciated (Yes, I've looked on the 'net, and yes, I did change the login
scripts, and no, I'm not a Unix hotshot). Thanks!
 -- Steve