Subject: netatalk
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 11:11:21
It took a little time on my 8 meg Mac IIx, but the netatalk installation
went smoothly and I've got it doing filesharing like a champ.  No problems
so far.  I do have a couple questions about its capabilities:

1) CAP seems to have a means of tunnelling AppleTalk through IP, so that
   you can sort of bridge two AppleTalk networks together over the
   Internet.  Is this possible in netatalk?

2) Would it be possible for a dialup user connecting to the unix box from
   a Mac via PPP to mount his home directory as an AppleShare volume?
   Perhaps through the use of a Apple Remote Access?

Thanks,

-Bill

 William R. Dickson ....................................... wrd@awenet.com
 Self-glorification .......................... http://www.halcyon.com/wrd/
 Main Scooter ........................................... 1978 Vespa P200E
 Auxiliary Scooters ................1962 Vespa 125, 1966 Vespa Super Sport

            Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968