Subject: how to use modem port
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Sharakan - SMCC High Performance Computing <sharakan@icarus-tm.East.Sun.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 11:19:39
I just installed NetBSD 1.2 on my IIci (and just joined this mailing
list), and it seems to basically work.  However, I am having trouble
trying to talk to my modem.  If I try tip or cu to the /dev/tty00
device, I get either "link down" (tip) or "write error" (cu).  I know
I must be close, since the DTR light on my modem comes on when I
invoke either program.  Tip will die of its own accord after a few
seconds; cu complains as soon as I type a single character.

Eventually, I'll want to set up a PPP connection with my ISP.  In the
meantime, I'd like to at least be able to establish a basic terminal
connection.

I've perused the FAQs at macbsd.com and netbsd.org, but couldn't find
anything helpful.  Anyone have any ideas?

-Eric