Subject: Re: Question #4 million
To: Tyler <Tyler_Ingram@ultranet.ca>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/1997 09:43:42
Hi,

This is probably caused by a terminal emulation problem on the console.  I
had this too when I first started using netbsd.  Edit the /etc/ttys file
and change the terminal type for console from "vt220" to "vt100".  Then,
if I remember correctly, you need to kill -HUP 1 to put the change into
effect.

Mark

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Tyler wrote:

> 	Ok when i use netbsd, and use man, or vi, or omsething else the
> text will be highlighted in black. and where there is no text, it is white.
> This is extermly annoying, when i'm wokring on things and was wondering if
> i could change this.
>
> I'm on a lciii with 1.2netbsd and using the genericsbc kernal

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/