Subject: Re: Trouble with other things
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1997 19:40:41
On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Jonathan Lyons wrote:

> Ok, I got it to be a read/write file system, but now when booting into
> multi-user it stops where it starts Network daemons...it gets to "starting
> network daemons: routed printer"
>
> then it stops and doesn't go any farther

That's... weird.  :-)  Try booting into single user and playing with
the... is it /etc/rc.local in NetBSD?  According to puma, yes.  Actually,
it seems to be in /etc/rc, anyway....  Midway down the file is a line
something like...

echo -n ' printer';	lpd

Precede that with a # to comment it out and then try exit'ing the single
user shell to multi-user.  See if that fixes the problem.  If so, weird.
If not, weird anyway.

Hope that helps,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |