Subject: Read/write only:still having problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1997 18:54:33
One thing I didn't mention before:

because of the constant crashing of the installer on the Powerbook, I took
the external HD(the one I boot from) and hooked it up to me Q605, installed
NetBSD there and built devices there.

I thought this was the problem, so on the Powerbook, (whose Installer was
only having trouble installing, not building devices and using the
mini-shell) I opened the installer, removed the faulty Fstab, and built
devices. It didn't take me long(when I booted again, and switched to
multi-user mode) that the same problem was occuring when trying to mount
read-only. I continue to get this mssage: ufs: /dev/sd0a/:specified device
does not match mounted device

This indicated to me that I was indeed using a faulty Installer(the idea
which so stubbornly and lazily refused before, because I was using 1.1a and
not 1.1c which I thought was the real faulty installer).

Where do I get an installer that doesn't create faulty fstab's??

Jonathan Lyons
lelsoft1@ct1.nai.net