Subject: Q950 Internal Ethernet, CAP, Internal Video
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kyle McKay <Kyle_McKay@intuit.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1997 12:44:44
I am currently running a web server, appleshare server, & SMTP/POP mail server
on a Quadra 950 w/ MacOS 7.5.5.

I would very much like to switch it over to NetBSD.  I could live with a serial
console if I have to, but have the following questions:

1) Is there any working driver for the Quadra 950 internal ethernet port?
   (Alpha, Beta, whatever)

2) CAP (Columbia Appletalk Protocol) was the software I used last time I brought
   up a Un*x box as an appleshare server several years ago.  Whatever happened
   to it, does it work with NetBSD, or is that what netatalk does now?

3) I would prefer not to have to use a serial console, what's the state of
   ADB and internal video/nubus video for the Q950?

Thanks for any info,

Kyle
Kyle_McKay@Intuit.Com