Subject: Re: NetBsd Problems
To: None <lostinncal@earthlink.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/1997 10:51:19

> I have a Mac LCIII, and I was running NetBsd on my internal SCSI drive 0.
> Everything was working fine. Then I reinstalled the system to an external
> drive SCSI 4.  Now,were ever I boot.  I get:
>
> /dev/rsd0a: /dev/rsd0a: Bad Superblock: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG
>
> /dev/rsd0a: :UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: Run Fsch_ffs Manually
>
> Then if I try to use the VI  editor
>
> Error: unable to create tempory file: read-only file system.
>
> Any help would be nice

Sounds like your /etc/fstab is wrong. What is the sd# for the external?
It's probably sd1, but it'd depend on your setup. Note: unless you
have disks at ID 1, 2, and 3, the external's not sd4.

Did you totally delete the internal NetBSD partitions?

Take care,

Bill

P.S. Could someone PLEASE take over as keeper of the installer?? A minimum
of programming will be needed. Chances are you can get others to do
most of the work, but we need someone who can be the contact person,
keep the code (know who's working on it), assign UNIQUE version #'s,..

It would be greatly appreciated!