Subject: Re: Accelerators
To: David Carnes <carnes@tiger.towson.edu>
From: Eric Muller <mullere@in2p3.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/1997 09:02:42
On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, David Carnes wrote:

> 	I am currently running MacBSD on my IIsi.  I am also contemplating
> buying an accelerator for my machine, and after consulting the FAQs I
> decided to look at Daystar's offerings.  Alas, they have been
> discontinued.  Few other accelerators are mentioned in the FAQs, so I was
> wondering if anyone has experience with other brands (Sonnet's 80/40 MHz
> 68040 accelerator in particular would be of interest) or knows of any
> problems that are generic to MacBSD and accelerators?  Thanks in advance,
>
> 					David Carnes
I have a Centris 610 with this accelerator from Sonnet and I don't have
any problem with it. The accelerator come with a tool for taking out
the old processor and replace it with the card, you also have a "ribbon"
that you put on the alimentation and on you hand (wrist?) for neutralizing
the static electricity.
I haven't install MacBSD yet, I'm waiting for a Jazz drive.

Eric Muller, thesard au laboratoire PHASE, Strasbourg.
Un Mac sinon rien!
e-mail : mullere@in2p3.fr