Subject: Re: Ok...now what?(Powerbook 145)
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1997 16:23:57

> Ok, so I use sh. I put in vt220 for the terminal type. The "#"(pound)
> symbol arrives. I type in "login" It gives me the login prompt. I put root
> in. It says "Don't login as root, login as su." So I try again.I log in
> with "su" but a password is required. Hmmm....Can someone help me?

Uhm, the message said "Don't log in as root, use su". The difference
is not that you should log in as "su", but that you should use the
su program to gain root access. The difference is that when you su, a
log entry saying who su'd to root is generated.

For a single operator machine, you can ignore this message.

Take care,

Bill

P.S. the message lives in /root/.login