Subject: Re: Q650
To: None <omar@webnetmktg.com>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1997 19:01:17

>        Can I get a copy of the kernel you are using for your 605. I have a
>605 with 20 megs and an 68LC040. I am upgrading to a full 68040 soon but
>would still like to see if I can get this chip to boot. By the way what
>version of the booter should I use and what settings.
>
>                                                Sincerely
>                                                omar@webnetmktg.com

You're confusing the 605 with the 650. The Quadra/Centris 650 is a fully
working machine if you have a genuine 68040 (not 68LC040). The Quadra 605
(aka Performa/LC 47x) is *NOT* and is one of the few systems NetBSD/mac68k
still seems to have genuine trouble with. You should be able to get it
working with a serial console and the latest kernel though. (note the words
"serial console")

- Rolf Braun ... rbraun@geocities.com ... TidalWave on IRC
- Sassy Software: cool stuff for Macintosh & Apple II
- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3110/
- Help for Mac UNIX questions ... #MacUNIX on EFnet IRC