Subject: Re: Ok...now what?(Powerbook 145)
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1997 18:23:35
>Ok, so I use sh. I put in vt220 for the terminal type. The "#"(pound)
>symbol arrives. I type in "login" It gives me the login prompt. I put root
>in. It says "Don't login as root, login as su." So I try again.I log in
>with "su" but a password is required. Hmmm....Can someone help me?

You booted single-user; you need to boot multi-user to log in. Here's what
you can do:

Option 1: Press Control-D from sh while in single-user mode; multi-user
mode will activate and after a little while you'll get the login prompt.

Option 2: If you get tired of having to do that each time you boot, turn
OFF "Single User" in the booter. It'll boot straight into the multi-user
mode.

- Rolf Braun ... rbraun@geocities.com ... TidalWave on IRC
- Sassy Software: cool stuff for Macintosh & Apple II
- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/3110/
- Help for Mac UNIX questions ... #MacUNIX on EFnet IRC