Subject: ppp setups
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Russell Cotton <rcotton@tenet.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/1997 15:54:32
Hi,

I am running NetBSD on my LC II and would like to make a PPP connection
to my UNIX shell account (dialup). I can already do this in MacOS using
SLiRP on the UNIX side, but I can't seem to configure NetBSD to connect
right.

I pretty much have a standard install (ie: new and not customized, yet).
I have tried pppd, but I get a connect script failed error. I am trying
to use chat as the connect scriptor and I can't get it to dial or
anything. I have also tried dialing with dip, exitting, and running pppd
without a connect script, just the crtscts, defaultroute,
<local.ip.address:remote.ip.address> options.

I don't care what my local address is, slirp tells me to use 10.0.2.15 as
my local address, and the remote host is 198.213.2.9.

Can anyone tell me how I can get this to work?

Thanks,

Joseph Cotton
rcotton@tenet.edu