Subject: Installer problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1997 21:39:11
Hi,

I am in the middle of reinstalling NetBSD on a different hard disk.
Before, I had all my ufs files on a single root&usr partition.  This time,
I would like to have separate partitions, but I can't seem to get it to
work.

I made file systems for both partitions using Mkfs 1.4.  I am using
Installer version 1.1c.  I build devices and then go into the mini shell.
I try to do

mount sd0g /usr

but I always get

/usr : No such file or directory

Here is the tail of my log entry:

Making device ./dev/ttyp3 (4/3).
Making device ./dev/ptyp3 (5/3).
Making device ./dev/grf0 (10/0).
Making device ./dev/grf1 (10/1).
Making device ./dev/adb (23/0).
Done making devices.
Attempting to create etc/fstab.
Successfully created etc/fstab.
> disklabel
sd0a: Root 'NetBSD Root' at 192 size 200000
sd0g: Usr 'NetBSD Usr' at 265760 size 865984
sd0b: Swap 'NetBSD Swap' at 200192 size 65536
sd0d: Other (APPLE_DRIVER43) 'Maci_ProsoftDriver' at 64 size 128
sd0e: HFS 'Mac' at 1131744 size 300000
sd1a: Root 'A/UX Root' at 247816 size 1843200
sd1b: Swap 'Swap' at 2091016 size 40960
sd1d: Other (APPLE_DRIVER43) 'Maci_ProsoftDriver' at 96 size 128
sd1e: HFS 'MacBSD' at 224 size 247592
> mount sd0g /usr
/usr : No such file or directory
> mkdir usr
> mount sd0g /usr
/usr : No such file or directory

You can see that I have built devices and the disklabel looks OK to me.  I
tried it with sd0a as a NetBSD Root and NetBSD Root&Usr.  I also tried
editing the /etc/fstab to add an entry for sd0g on /usr but nothing works.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/