Subject: Re: Un-removable file?
To: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/1997 16:48:59
Hi,

The proper cpin command for your example below would be:

cpin Operations:myfile /usr/tschulze/myfile

The minishell is going to think that "Unix\" is the filename of the
destination file.

Mark

On 21 Feb 1997, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:

> Thanks to Bill Studenmund, Henry B. Hotz and Dan Bell for your
> suggestions on removing this file.  I cd'd to /, gave the command "rm
> Unix\\", and the file was gone.
>
> That leaves me with a question on the format of the cpin (and by
> extension, cpout) commands in the Minishell.  Bill said I could use
> quotes, but I am not sure where he meant.  If I want to copy a file
> (myfile) into my home directory /usr/tschulze from my Mac hard drive
> (Operations), is the proper command, "cpin Operations:myfile
> /usr/tschulze/myfile"?  I am figuring this is the correct format, because
> in my erroneous cpin command I started the ufs_filepath with "Unix\" and
> ended up with a file in my root directory "/" named "Unix\", the cpin
> command understanding the space between the \ and Box as the end of the
> filename. Right?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean.
>

>                  T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
> 71410.25@compuserve.com           TSSchulze@aol.com
>                  tsschulze@t-online.de
> Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but
> his judgement; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if
> he sacrifices it to your opinion. -- Edmund Burke

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/