Subject: Unix newbie would like help setting up network...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Huwig <S_Huwig@dukes.stark.k12.oh.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1997 20:55:09
Hi there,
   I'm a (relatively) new user of Unix and would like to know how to
configure the mac68k port of NetBSD to access the Internet via a PPP
connection. I downloaded the items on the macbsd website, but they all
"assumed" that I had my network already configured. The bottom line on my
access is, five separate phone lines, each with its own IP number, and no
names. (High school, if you're wondering). How do I get NetBSD to hook up
to the Internet through that? Like I said, I'm not completely clueless
about Unix -- I can move files and do basic stuff like that -- but I have
no idea about how to configure my own system. That's what I'm hoping to
learn now :-)

Please e-mail your replys to my address; I'm not sure if this list will be
too high-traffic for me.

-- Steve