Subject: Re: X on Classic II
To: NetBSD mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Foakes <andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/1997 19:57:15
Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp> suggested:

>This is a problem with the grf driver, not the X server.  It might
>help if you could show us some snippet about grf device(s) from the
>dmesg output.

>From what's on the screen at the moment:

mainbus0 (root)
obio0 at mainbus0
intvid0 at obio0: Internal Video
intvid0: 512 x 342, monochrome
grf0 at intvid0
ite0 at obio0 (minimal console)

Does that help?  I don't even understand the messages.  The screen size
is correct.  There is more about screen location but it's not trapped by
demsg.

Note that the message at the bottom of the X screen says:

Screen 0 at 0x41ad000, 512 by 342, rowB 64, fbase 0xbf9a80

Again, I don't know what this means.

Finally, the initial boot meesage gives the following addresses for thge
screen:

Screen 0xfee09a80 physical 0x9f9a80 length 0x8000

Why are these so different from the above?

Is there anyhting else I can do to help debug this?  Unfortunately, the
patches for ADBTEST#160 are not available, though I doubt I could do much
even if they were.

Yours,

Andrew