Subject: Re: dormouse#1
To: xiamin <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1997 13:51:52
> i tried the dormouse#1 kernel from steve brown. when i did startx, it gave
> the no screens error...like i had no grf devices...my system is a Q650
> using internal video with 1 meg VRAM, monitor set to 256 colors when i
> tried it.

Well, that's a NuBus kernel. The internal video kernels are still a few
weeks away. However, the intvid kernels I'll be putting out then won't have
support for the Quadra 650 since the Q650 uses the DAFB video controller.

I am the "internal video guy" of sorts. However, while I have information on
the II/LC series video controllers and a little about the Civic video
controller in the Quadra AV's I have *no* information about the DAFB
video controller found in most of the rest of the Quadra series.

I encourage anybody with hacking ability to look into how the DAFB works
and share that information :)