Subject: Re: Experimental quadra nubus colorkit kernel!!
To: None <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1997 10:37:09
> im happily using madhatter#35 on my Q650. unfortunatly i dont know
> anything about compiling a new kernal. my quuestions are, where do i
> learn about compiling the kernel, will these changes work if i can run
> madhetter#35 and get grf devices? color X would be insanly cool.

I do not know the origins of your kernel, but you can grab LKM from
ctpa01:/pub/ivanenko/macbsd/video_lkm.tar.gz or video_lkm_combined.o
in the same directory. If you get the sources,
mkdir /usr/lkm && make install
in the source directory, if you take object file, place it in /usr/lkm
and in both cases make sure the following line is executed during
system startup:
modload -e video_lkm_cmd -o /var/run/video /usr/lkm/video_lkm_combined.o
If you have new initialization files, edit /etc/lkm.conf

	Taras Ivanenko.