Subject: Re: Kernel Patching: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles Sebold <pretender@macstore.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1997 01:56:52
>I've been working on getting a current kernel compiled with color NuBus
>video code in it recently, and patch keeps saying that the hunks failed.
>The file I'm using is macbsd_video.961025.diff. Do I need to download a
>different file?

I couldn't get past that point either, but I just got the new lkm from
Taras' site working, and it even works on my Centris 650 with Nubus video
(very impressive, I really like this lkm functionality).  Download the
precompiled video_lkm_combined.o from Taras' site, compile your kernel with
all the lkm options, and modload it in rc.local.  It works great, and you
won't need to worry about repatching every kernel you make.

>Also, I've been playing with ppp, and when I say pppd I get this...
>
>pppd[500]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/tty00
>routed[100]: lo0 has no address
>routed[100]: lo0 has no address
>pppd[500]: local address 199.178.63.65
>routed[100]: ifinit: out of sync
>routed[100]: ifinit: out of sync
>pppd[500]: remote address 199.178.63.251
>
>... and a routed.core file on /. What should I do?

Mine does that every time...and then it always works anyway.  Anybody else
know anything about this?

---------------------------------------
I                                     I
I Charles Sebold, Pontifex Macintosh  I