Subject: moria works!!!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Littlefield <tsl@xtdl.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1997 02:04:22
Hello,

	Good news, moria is working on netbsd-Mac68k!!!!  I finally figured out
how stupid I was.  I booted up tonight and played with the VT menu
options on the xterm and was able to get moria to correctly
draw to the screen.

	I placed it in ftp.macbsd.com/pub/incoming/umoria.tar.gz (Sorry Allen
for not asking first... it was the only place I could think of...).  It
was uploaded via fetch3.01 in MacBinaryII format, hopefully that will
work for everyone.

	I didn't test the whole thing out but screens that weren't drawing
correctly before did.

	The settings I used to get it to display are (note some of these may
not be needed, I just enabled things I thought might help):

Jump Scroll
Auto Wraparound
Reverse Wraparound
Auto Linefeed
Scroll to Bottom
Enable Curses Emulation

	Also, I don't think the install is working correctly...  moria is
configured to run from the /usr/games directory.  The files must be
manually copied there and into some sub-directories that must be made.

	Try the following commands, as root:

mkdir -p /usr/games/man/man6 /usr/games/lib/umoria \
         /usr/games/doc/umoria

	from the moria tar directory, find the moria.6

cp moria.6 /usr/games/man/man6

	find *.hlp, hours, news and scores

cp *.hlp hours news scores /usr/games/lib/umoria

	find moria.ms and moria.txt

cp moria.ms moria.txt /usr/games/doc/umoria

	and finally...

cp moria /usr/games

	Make sure you have set the xterm parameters listed above and
copied the files correctly then type /usr/games/moria.

	If there is enough interest, I will work up an install script to create
the directories and cp the files as well as a readme for setting the
xterm up.

Good Hunting!

											Todd Littlefield
											tsl@xtdl.com