Subject: Re: mouse buttons
To: None <ekholm@visi.com>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/19/1997 10:23:19
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 18:23:41 -0600 (CST),
Mike Ekholm <ekholm@visi.com> wrote:
> I was wondering how I could simulate the 3 buttons in X.

Option + Left Arrow key = Middle button
Option + Right Arrow key = Right button

However, you won't have to use the key combinations if you have either
a Logitech TrackMan (which must be reasonably recent, like one-and-
half year old or less), an Alps TrackPad, a MicroSpeed MacMouse
Deluxe, probably a Logitech MouseMan (same precaution as TrackMan
applies), too, or some others I don't know for sure.  The former two
(TrackMan and Alps) are known to support Extended Apple Mouse Protocol
which supports multi-button on a pointing device.  MicroSpeed Mouse
uses a proprietary protocol.

Some other mice that can emulate keyboard strokes have been reported
to work under NetBSD/mac68k, too.  Sorry, I don't remember the names.

> I have a Apple Design Keyboard, and the ADB mouse II. also, how can i
> change the font size of the Xterm windows?

If you are using twm (the stock window manager), drag the icon, which
is shaped as shown below, in the window title bar:
 _______
 |_| | |
 |___| |
 |_____|

If you move the cursor beyond the window frame, it'll change the size
of the window.

Alternatively, you can pop up the Twm menu by clicking the left button
(or the only button on an Apple mouse) and holding it down, then drag
it to the menu item "Resize" and release the button, and then move the
cursor back to the window you want to resize, click and hold the left
button, drag the cursor to change the size.

I think these are in the twm man pages (man twm).

Ken