Subject: Re: arrow keys
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Andresen <btandresen@ucdavis.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/1997 21:26:49
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:

> > FWIW, they don't work for me either (I also have an extended keyboard).
> > Pressing one of the arrows yields an escape sequence like ^]0A to ^]0D,
> > depending on which key was pressed.  I also have an extended keyboard on
> > my other Mac, and when I telnet into the NetBSD box the arrow keys work as
> > expected.  I've tried this with $TERM=vt100 and with $TERM=vt220, as well
> > as inside and outside of dt.  Not a significant problem, but definitely a
> > minor annoyance.
>
> Well, the ^]0A stuff means that the keys are generating the proper escape
> codes.  But what ever application you're running (or shell) isn't
> interpreting them.  Do you also have the terminal type set in /etc/ttys?

I think so:

console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   off secure

# Define the console that we actually run getty on.
ttye0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure

I've actually never looked at that file, much less touched it, but
those settings seem to be okay to me.

Still digging,

Brian