Subject: Re: X on Classic II
To: None <andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/1997 19:29:46
On Mon, 17 Feb 97 20:16:59 +0000,
Andrew Foakes <andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> But third, my problem with X ...
>
> X thinks the screen is 3 lines of text higher than the actual screen -
> i.e. the xterm at +0+0 is off the top of the screen!  At the bottom of
> the screen are 3 lines of text, the last of whch says:

This is a problem with the grf driver, not the X server.  It might
help if you could show us some snippet about grf device(s) from the
dmesg output.

> Oh well - X is just about usable, but you can imagine that a 9" scren is
> not the best X environment.  To shrink it further is painful, therefore!

Well, that's true for all the Compact Mac users, including me, an
SE/30 user (though SE/30 users could get a PDS video).  If you don't
need the GUI, I suggest you use "dt" instead.  Dt's vt emulation is
much more complete (I think) and faster than the minimalistic console.

Cheers,

Ken