Subject: color X for internal video
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: synapse <synapse@gim.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/17/1997 00:06:00
Hi, i'd like to start off by saying that i am quite impressed with unix's
anti-crash-ability. My NetBSD system has an uptime now of over 44 days. :-)
anyway, i have a Mac IIvx 20/200 with 32 MB swap. I am interested in
getting a color version of X11R6 running on *internal* video. If that seems
a bit far off into the future, I really would like a version of dt (virtual
console) that works with display cards set to 8-bit or 16-bit color on the
MacOS, then booted into NetBSD.  I am interested in using some kinda of
ANSI graphics with this machine (i.e. circ, or maybe even telnet, if that
supports color-ansi color telnet would be awesome).
I have heard that X11R6 works in color on some nubus video, but i really
would like to get it running on internal video...
thanks for any info :-)
  - a