Subject: Ethernet setup
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Murdock <fee@tetrahome.tetranet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1997 22:44:18
I'm having a difficult time getting ethernet established on my SE/30.
I have an Excelan EtherPort SE/30, and am running the recent snapshot.

I'm afraid I just don't know where to start.  I've read through the
FAQs, but still don't have enough information to get started.
As far as I know the interface would be ex0.  My dmesg tells me it
is not configured (how do I configure it?).  Every time I try to
add it using ifconfig I get some SIOCGIFFLAGS message.  Can anyone
give me a summary of what I need to do here?  I'm vaguely aware that
I will need to establish it at a physical address and get it in my
ifconfig somehow .. but as you can see, I don't know NEARLY enough.

Thanks,
Mark