Subject: Re: Anyone have Netatalk compiled?
To: None <NetBSD@associate.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1997 10:47:16

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have Netatalk running?  If so, can you point me/us to the
> source for it?  I've been trying to get 1.4b2 to compile, and just don't
> understand C well enough to hack that deep.  Thanks!

I've got it running, but can you wait about a week for the source? It's
almost ready for mass-beta testing. It's been tested on port-mac68k
and on port-i386. Right now, I'm trying to get it to compile on
port-alpha. Once that's done, I'm going to push to get the NetBSD source
changes put into -current and the netatalk patches put into 1.4bX.

The patches are on an ftp server, but they are in a disorganized
state, and there are no good instructions (the latter are in a mail
message I sent to a beta tester. :-)  I hope to have them up soon.

I'll post when they are up.

Note: to make this all work, you'll need to also be able to compile
your own kernel and to build the ifconfig, netstat, and route
commands.

Take care,

Bill