Subject: Re: X on Q610?
To: Macintosh Guru <gevans@televar.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/16/1997 06:15:08
Two things to do here:

1)  Make sure that you get at least one line similar to the following
during your boot sequence:

	grf0 at macvid0
This indicates that the grf (graphics hardware) was configured.

2) Ensure that you have the necessary files in /etc/dev:

pgoyette:paul {102} ls -l /dev/gr*
crw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel   10,   0 Aug  1  1995 /dev/grf0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel   10,   1 Apr 30  1995 /dev/grf1
crw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel   10,   2 Dec 29  1995 /dev/grf2

If they're missing, create them with /etc/MAKEDEV