Subject: Re: NetBSD Help Please =)
To: Tyler <Tyler_Ingram@ultranet.ca>
From: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/1997 21:23:38
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, Tyler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	Ok i'm having a little trouble with installing NetBSD.
>
> My System:
>
> 	LC III
> 	8MB of RAM
> 	80MB Internal Apple HD
> 	500MB External HD (forget the maker =))
> 	Partitioned to
>
> 		250MB A/UX root/usr
> 		18MB swap
> What i've tried to install:
>
> 	If installed base12, etc12 ,netbsd12 (kernal) just to see if it
> would work, if it did i'd install comp12, games12, text12.

<SNIP>
> Why? and how can I fix this?
> Thanx fer the help that I hope to receive =)

  The netbsd12 file won't work on an LCIII, try using one of the -current
tarballs.  I am currently booting with GENERICSBC-15, I'm not sure if that
specific kernel is availble anymore though.  I do know it will work with
the dist. 1.2 version files though, unlike kernels post -15, which need
the whole -current tree (to my knowledge, someone please correct me if
wrong).

Hope that helps,

Michael D. Peters