Subject: Re: I need some help...
To: gricard <gricard@elux3.cs.umass.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/15/1997 11:38:45
> Well, what i want to know is if it is possible to run NetBSD 1.2 on a
> Quadra 700, with a 66/33mhz 040 cpu, 20 megs ram, 400meg HD, and SuperMac
> video card.
> If it is possible, great, if not, well, then tell me so.

All of it should work perfectly fine except for two things:

1) Don't use the 1.2 distribution.  NetBSD-current supports the SCSI chip
on that machine, the 1.2 distribution kernel does _not_ support it.

2) Depending on what kind of SuperMac video card you have, NetBSD may
barf on it.  NetBSD often has difficulty with 24-bit cards, so you might
experience this problem as well.

I hope this helps.

Later.