Subject: Re: One last try
To: None <apreco@mag-net.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/1997 17:42:30
Looks like my setup, but let me try a few things.
Do you have the right version of mode32? I think there is a version known
to work on ftp.macbsd.com
Do you have a compatible video card?
The toby frame buffer card is known to work, others may as well, but not
all of them do.
Not only the processor cache, but the other switch (math) must be off.
Do you have system 7.1? There may be problems with early or very recent
systems. 7.1 works for me.
My mac has the Daystar Powercache, but also has the mac rom upgrade. I
don't know if this is necessary.
Does the booter have enough memory? I don't know what enough is.
Maybe others will have additional thoughts.

Brad

>I've been trying for the last few months to get NetBSD running on my
>macII with no success. Very strange, since my hardware is running macbsd
>for many other people. Before I give up on macbsd for good, maybe
>someone can help me. I have a MacII with a daystar 030 powercache(this
>card works with macbsd), a properly terminated scsi chain, all apple
>hardware(mouse, keyboard, monitor), 32-bit addressing, no virtual
>memory, processor caches disables, PRAM zapped, desktop rebuilt, and no
>extentions.  I've tried with almost all of the kernals out there, and
>they all give me the same thing: it freezes just before the screen is
>supposed to turn to white(still in MacOS). Can anyone help me so I don't
>have to give up?
>
>Alex

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                          Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                          email bsalai@servtech.com
Rochester, NY 14614