Subject: RE: One last try
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Leenheer <rsl@satserv.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/1997 09:27:52
Have you tried booting with the mac in one bit black and white  mode? I had the same
symptoms on my LCIII and setting the control panel "monitors" to one bit mode solved
this.

hope this helps.

Robert.

I've been trying for the last few months to get NetBSD running on my
macII with no success. Very strange, since my hardware is running macbsd
for many other people. Before I give up on macbsd for good, maybe
someone can help me. I have a MacII with a daystar 030 powercache(this
card works with macbsd), a properly terminated scsi chain, all apple
hardware(mouse, keyboard, monitor), 32-bit addressing, no virtual
memory, processor caches disables, PRAM zapped, desktop rebuilt, and no
extentions.  I've tried with almost all of the kernals out there, and
they all give me the same thing: it freezes just before the screen is
supposed to turn to white(still in MacOS). Can anyone help me so I don't
have to give up?

Alex