Subject: /dev/lp ..to be or not to be
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Murdock <fee@tetrahome.tetranet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/1997 16:45:45
I'm having a few problems printing .. maybe you folks can help me out.

I noticed that there is no /dev/lp, and no means to MAKEDEV one.
/etc/printtab reflects that the printer is at /dev/lp.

When using lpr, I get:
"lpr: lp: device not found" (or something along those lines)

After changing /etc/printtab to reflect /dev/tty01 (printer port),
the same thing is still happening.

It IS possible for me to cat filename > /dev/tty01, but this causes
overlapping lines and terrible formatting.

The printer is an imagewriter, computer is an SE/30 ..Generic22
and latest snapshot in binaries.  Any suggestions?

Mark