Subject: Re: Problems
To: Matthew Becker <mbbecker@mail.deforest.k12.wi.us>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1997 10:53:54
> I just can't win with X.  I finally got mad and reinstalled X.  Now It
> starts to launch and then quits saying "Can't run X-Server with no screens.
> X-Connection to :0.0 broken   Explicit kill or server shutdown.  I am
> using the Generic22 kernal.  For somereason ps doesn't work either.  It
> says something about proc mismatch or something similar.  Can someone
> PLEASE help me!  www.macbsd.com is down or out of service so I couldn't
> check the faq.

It might help if you tell us what kind of machine you are using.  It's
quite possible that your machine does not support grf devices yet, so
there would be no way to run X.

The fact that ps doesn't work indicates that the kernel you are using and
the binaries you are using are out of sync.  Installing Steve Allen's
latest compile will probably fix this.

I hope this helps.

Later.