Subject: Re: FPE??
To: None <gevans@televar.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/1997 10:51:30
> > Well, if you're sure that you have an FPU (i.e., a full 68040 and not a
> > 68LC040 or (even worse) 68EC040 (which I don't think that Apple ever
> > used), then you probably are seeing a SCSI error and not the FPE error.
>
> Apple Macintosh Quadra 610 (68040)
> <snip...full output is included below>
> fpu0 at obio0 (mc68040)
>
> OK, so now we know that  I must be seeing a SCSI error right??
>
> adb: bus subsystem
> adb: mapped device (16) at 2
> adb: 200 dpi mouse at 3
> adb: unknown type device (def 7, handler 2 at 7)

Just wondering, what kind of mouse are you using again?  The above is not
an apple standard mouse...and for that matter, the keyboard is not
standard either...

> Now, *IF* I press Control-C or Control -Q during the repeating
> process (pid1) got signal 10 error, I get the following:
>
> process (pid1) got signal 10panic:kernel jump to 0
> stopped at _Debugger +0x6:       unlk    a6
> db>
>
> At which point I can do nothing :(  Can't type or anything.....

Have you tried re-installing /sbin/init ???  It might simply be that the
binary is slightly corrupted, and simply reinstalling it will fix the
problem.

I hope this helps.

Later.